martes, 14 de junio de 2011

Neighbors, aren't they lovely? (EN)

Lee esta entrada en español.


I have been spending a lot of time in my room during the past month. I had to prepare for my final exams so I locked myself up with all my books for the past four weeks. Now it is almost summer time and I like to keep the window open. Unfortunately my room overlooks a small patio inside the building where I can hear the neighbors as if they were talking from inside my apartment. 

A few days ago, one of the neighbors, a very polite lady with a very soft and delicate voice, inspired me to write this post. 

Anti-pedagogical sentence of the day (heard last tuesday in my patio at 9 am):
Discrete neighbor: "I don't have to teach you anything, you have to learn, you hear me?, you have to learn, I DO NOT HAVE TO TEACH YOU, YOU HAVE TO LEARN!"
Nice education methods!

That happened last week and I wrote a post about it (in Spanish) the very same day. The day after that, I came across my mother on the street and she said...
Mother: "The neighbor told me you wrote a very nice post yesterday".
Busted! 

I had no idea that neither my mother nor the neighbors read my post. I guess I will be moving out soon (just kidding).

1 comentario:

  1. Well, I've found your posts interesting. This one is rather funny. Sadly, my Spanish lessons still haven't begun.

    ResponderEliminar